Bachelor's in Engineering
06 აპრილი 2018
Mathematics and Computer Science (MACS)
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Bachelor's in Engineering
Language of Instruction:
Duration of the Programme:
Objectives of the Programme:
The objective of the programme is to prepare graduates, who will have in-depth knowledge of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, programming and laboratory work. The programme is aimed to prepare high-level professionals, who will be competitive on Georgian, as well as on the global labour market. In addition, the goal of the programme is to enable graduates to continue education on to the next level.
After completing the Bachelor Programme, graduates will be able to work in communication sphere, internet-provider companies, computer companies and in any organization, which employs management systems that are built on modern electronic modules.
After completion of Bachelor Programme, graduates will own general and specific competencies listed below:
Knowledge and Understanding:
Graduates of the programme will have a deep knowledge of the field that include critical understanding of theories and principles, as well as of complex issues of the field. In particular, graduates will have:
- extensive knowledge in mathematics. Specifically, the programme includes basic subjects of mathematics: calculus I and II, linear algebra, differential equations, discrete mathematics, probability, and statistics. Additionally, it is necessary for graduates of Electrical and Computer Engineering to study three subjects of physics, which are: mechanics, electricity and magnetism, optics.
- knowledge of the basic subject of engineering: electrical circuits, electromagnetic systems, digital circuits, microprocessors and processing the signalling.
- thorough knowledge of programming. Graduates will know two programming languages and work with networks and bases.
- ability to solve complex problems of electrical and computer engineering independently, using analytical and numerical methods and coding.
Applying Knowledge to Practice:
Graduates will be able to use specific methods of the field and other important methods in problem-solving, research or practical projects, in accordance with assigned tasks. In particular, the graduates will be able to:
- use modern methods in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering;
- prepare and conduct projects;
- use gained knowledge in problem-solving;
- use information technologies and software;
- create and maintain databases;
- form, manage and synchronize computer processes;
- conduct technical analyses in electronic scheme;
- calculate technical parameters in electronic devices;
- use software and other computer resources.
Ability to Make Conclusion:
Graduates will be able to:
- collect and define field-specific data, analyse sporadic data and/or events by using standard and/or specific methods, as well as make justified conclusions;
- collect and interpret data related to Electrical and Computer Engineering, as well as analyse standalone data and situations by using appropriate methods and make a reasonable conclusion;
- conduct critical analysis, formulate decisions and reasonable conclusions, as well as make a decision, which is oriented on problem-solving.