Master’s in Business Administration
24 აპრილი 2018
Master’s in Business Administration
Language of Instruction:
Objectives of the Programme:
Middle and high-level managers make decisions and are responsible for the results. It is important for them to have a deep and systematic knowledge of the field, to have personal skills, to be able to establish contacts, to know the context and to estimate it, to make investment decisions, to lead teams and projects and to find creative ways to solve practical problems.
Middle level business-analysts and consultants have similar tasks – through supporting, preparing and influencing managerial and business decisions.
The goal of Master Programme in Business Administration is to create a learning environment for middle and high-level managers and analysts/consultants, where they will be able to deepen their theoretical knowledge in business decision-making process and in business management instruments, acquire better skills for evaluating context, and to address the challenges occurring in the practice.
The programme is oriented for the middle and high-level managers and business-analysts/consultants who have practical experience.
Upon completion the graduates will be able to work as operations managers, occupy higher positions in management and business-analytics/consultation services, they will be able to run projects and make investment decisions. Graduates will be able to create and manage their own businesses. They will also be ready to continue education on the next level.
After completion of Master Program, graduate will own general and specific competencies listed below:
The graduate will be able to:
- manage own emotions and actions;
- define and solve the problems;
- prioritize tasks and problems;
- manage time;
- work and lead teams.
The graduate will have knowledge:
- of personal bases of leadership and communication instruments;
- mathematical and economic methods and technics of analyses.
- possess deep and systematic knowledge of basic functional sphere of the business;
- ability to monitor, explain, analyse and forecast market processes;
- possess appropriate techniques and information, to solve complex problems and to have a creative approach.
Competences developed in the program are in accordance with the six criteria for the second level of Higher Education set by the National Qualification Framework:
Knowledge and Understanding:
Graduates of the programme will have a deep and systematic knowledge of the field which will enable to generate new ideas and acknowledge problem solution ways, in particular:
- theoretical and practical knowledge of methods for business decisions;
- knowledge of methods, rules and approaches for preparing financial statements according to the international standards;
- complete knowledge of cost structure in business;
- deep knowledge of budgeting of different types of business;
- role of marketing strategies in business management process and their planning methods;
- deep knowledge of tactical and strategic management issues;
- knowledge of complexity, typology and nature of business transactions;
- understanding typology and nature of investments;
- fundamental knowledge of principles of human resources management;
- knowledge of the service and manufacturing operations, design, planning, control and improvement techniques
- knowledge of different methods of research.
Applying Knowledge to Practice:
The graduate will be able to act in a new, unforeseen and multidisciplinary environment; search for new and original ways of solving complex problems, including independent research using the latest methods and approaches. In particular, the graduate will be able to:
- make right tactical or strategic decisions based on the cost statements;
- create and analyse operational and financial budgets;
- conduct financial analyses of the company;
- evaluate investment projects;
- make investment decisions;
- plan and manage business transactions;
- plan and evaluate marketing strategy for the company, to evaluate strategies of competitors;
- develop marketing strategy based on consumer behaviour;
- make managerial decisions regarding the human resources;
- prevent legal problems characteristic to the business sphere and adequately to respond to the regulatory issues;
- integrate and manage information systems in organization;
- run and lead the whole cycle of the project management;
- conduct the research.
Ability to Make Conclusion:
The graduate will be able to make grounded conclusions bases on the critical analysis of complex and incomplete information (including recent research); to make innovative synthesis based on the recent data. In particular, the graduate will able to:
- create statistic models and solve practical tasks by using those models;
- model business task in the Excel;
- explain and analyse graphically the dynamic of market processes;
- monitor, explain and analyse the market prices and other important indicators;
- conduct mathematical and economic analysis using standard programming tools;
- evaluate investment risks;
- evaluate and make conclusions of presentations and business communications;
- analyse different systems of cost statement systems;
- evaluate financial strategy;
- apply quantitative and qualitative skills to determine various managerial or operational problems;
- analyse the results and make appropriate statistical conclusions;
- analyse theories of micro and macroeconomics and use the information for the managerial decisions;
- identify, evaluate and manage financial risks and use the information for appropriate decision making;
- make critical analysis.
The graduate will be able to communicate own conclusions, arguments and research methods with the academic and professional staff on Georgian and foreign languages, considering academic ethical norms and modern information and communication technologies. In particular, the graduate will be able to:
- work in teams and lead the team;
- communicate regarding the business transactions;
- conduct communicate regarding investment decisions;
- manage interpersonal relations;
- communicate with the investors;
- master presentation and public speaking skills.
Ability to Learn
The graduate will be able to conduct the learning process independently, to understand characteristics of the learning process and make own strategic plan. In particular, will be able to:
- update knowledge on a regular basis;
- find appropriate sources and resources.
The graduate will be able to evaluate values and contribute to the establishment of new values. In particular, the graduate will:
- acknowledge and share free market ideas;
- share private ownership principles;
- share principles of liberal democracy;
- appreciate differences and cultural diversity;
- carry out business activities with professional responsibility;
- acknowledge and share principles of business and corporate ethics.